How to Install Active Directory Users and Computers (and other RSAT tools) on Windows 10 (Video)
Interested in learning more? Check out additional walkthroughs in our Tutorials and How-to Section
If you’re new to Windows server administration, one of the first things you’ll need to learn how to do is install the Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) console on a Windows 10 machine used for administering the domain. Fortunately, Windows 10 has made it easier than ever! Thanks to the 1809 update (released October 2018), the Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) are baked right in to the OS and just need to be enabled… no longer do they require a separate download, install, and reboot! Check out the video for how to enable the features, or scroll down for the step-by-step.
How to Install Active Directory Users and Computers (and other RSAT tools) on Windows 10
1) From the start menu, open the settings page by clicking the gear icon.
2) Click Apps
3) Click ‘Manage Optional Features’
4) Click ‘Add a Feature’
5) Click ‘RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Services Tools’ and then click install.
6) Wait a few moments while the tools install.
7) That’s it! Active Directory Users and Computers, as well as the other AD-LDS tools will now be available in the Administrative Tools folder.